Some things I’m learning to accept these days.
- We inevitably leave late for a trip.
- We always pack way, way too much for a trip.
- Whatever we pack, however well organized, will end up in multiple bags, containers, and running loose all over the car before the first day is up.
- For every extra item we bring on the trip and don’t use, there will be another item we should have brought that we really could have used.
- Though we have too much stuff and it gets messy and chaotic, we will stop at any interesting second hand stores and add a few more items to the mess.
- The drive will always yield good opportunities to talk and interesting topics to discuss.
- Buying food to eat on the way, even though we’ve packed more snack food than we can get to, adds to the fun of the trip.
- Getting away and being in different places refreshes us and renews our relationship.
- Having new experiences with baby, while tiring and energy consuming, is simultaneously exhilarating and rewarding.
- Seeing new sights and meeting new people is almost as much fun as visiting old friends and relatives and seeing familiar spots.
- A baby is a great way to meet people.
- No trip will be perfect, but relaxing and enjoying the trip we’re on rather than the perfectly-plotted and planned one I might imagine, makes for a great vacation.